<body>
Home Sweet Home
Thursday, January 14, 2010

(other celebration of my grandmother's birthday, not the one mentioned in the post.)

What beats having a nice and minute family gathering once in a while?

The heartwarming feeling where all of your relatives get together at a certain period of time, have dinner together, and talk about the happenings of their own lives. Isn't it very welcoming? Even now as I write about it, I can sense a tinge of happiness in myself. I personally think that every family should have their own outings or gatherings. This would allow us to cherish each other even more. No one would be able to forecast the future. If unfortunately, one loses a family member, then that would be too late for regrets. Thus, I feel that we should build a rapport with each other right from the start. (Although I like these gatherings, I sometimes feel that they come too often, especially once every week, which gives me little time to do my own revision.)

Well, back to the main point. That day was my grandmother's birthday. She was the most respected person in my family after my grandfather passed away. My uncles and aunts booked a chalet and we went there to celebrate her birthday. The children went to swim at the nearby swimming pool while the adults sat around and made themselves comfortable in the chalet. We were having a whale of our time at the pool enjoying ourselves totally. Especially at the tall and long slide into the swimming pool. After like a blink of an eye, it was dinnertime! Reluctantly, we (my cousins and I ) went back to the chalet and took a bath before dinner was served.

As far as from the inside of the bathroom, I could already smell it! The mouth-watering smell of the widely spread barbecued food wafted through my nostrils and made my stomach grumble. I was like a person who had not eaten for days! (or maybe even months!) I had no choice but to succumb to the temptations of the appetizing food.

After the magnicifent dinner, it was time to devour the birthday cake! Chocolate flavoured, my favourite! Too bad, the cake was not meant for me. There everyone gathered behind the "birthday girl" and awaited her to cut the cake. Next we took a photo of everyone.

There was this moment a minute later when the eldest brother, which is my eldest uncle, gave my grandmother a kiss and took a photo of it! How heartwarming! I was like Aw.. my grandmother must be the happiest woman in the world, with so many children and grandchildren all so filial towards her.

That incident really left a deep impression of my eldest uncle on me. Why did I not see that side of my uncle before? These little family outings could really help to bond the family, especially in times of need like the financial crisis. Don't you readers agree?


Bio-data!
ordinary guy


Darryl
I am living an ordinary life like any other person in this world. I am in Floorball, 2C and I'm lovin'it!


Chit-Chat!
shout like never before!

Connections!
Vroom!

Benjamin Leow. Zachary. Tinyat. Saywee Jingyi Aliff Andrew Kong Weiliang Aravinth Chun hin Brian Tan Dominique Gordon Gabriel Ali Keshvin Zhipeng Andrew Dehui Matthew Niyaz Neel Jingwei Patrick Prem Junhong Nickson Weihao Benjamin Teo Nicholas Teo Andre William Baogang


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

History!
footprints left on the floor

January 2010

Applause!
Take A Bow

Designer
Inspiration